Fathers Day

Let me start this post with an apology, sorry for being so absent.  Truth be told I was simply overwhelmed by the mountains of craft stuff that has accumulated in my craft space and it was easier to ignore it than to deal with it.  
 
Thankfully I have found some motivation to fix that and also took a big step and let things go that were no longer in use, no longer something I needed, or just no longer my style.  What do they say one mans trash is another's treasure.   I sold a lot of things, and gave away more a few weeks ago and over the weekend I have sorted and culled some more.  2 very full garbage bags later and a pile of things at the door to be donated to others and I feel better about my space.  So much so that I can't even think of one thing I want to buy other than a t square ruler as I broke mine yesterday when tidying up :(  Thanks for visiting today.
 
Today I was challenge to make a Father's Day card via a Facebook group for digital cutters.  I Finally got the chance to make a moustache card that's been on my things to do list for over a month.  The irony of this is, my husband is the recipient of the card and he can't grow a moustache!
 
 
I used my Cougar for the first time in a long time and was pleasantly surprised to find that SCAL software had a great banner file already installed.  I normally use a die for this, and have to score and fold it, and I haven't been happy with the end result, as my chubby fingers destroy the delicate die.  This file on the card is three pieces, the black base and then a white overlay, then a smaller panel to stamp on.  Using foam it gives the effect that its quite dimensional. 
 
The moustaches were vectored from free image files online and I cut several layers from black before taking some deep breath's and cutting into my Tim Holtz paper pads for the top layer of the Mo's and for the card base.   (cutting into card pads is another of my things i'm going to do.. there is no reason for it to be collecting dust unused)
 
Im going to enter this into a few other challenges, as there is something special about having others commenting on your cards. 
Craft 4 Eternity - Tic Tac Toe  (Blue, Old, New) 
 
 
On the theme of cleaning and culling and gathering excess amounts of crafting supplies.. I think I need to do a no spend month.  As hard as it may be, I think I could do it.   Im not sure if I want to commit to that idea yet.  Maybe a no spend week would be a starting place.
 
 

 

3 comments:

  1. we do accumulate a lot of crafty stash don't we. I think I might need to go on a no spend year!! But that would be impossible. Nice card and thanks for joining us at Creative Corner this week

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous card Thanks for playing Tic Tac Toe with us at Crafts 4 Eternity this week. Hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for joining us over at Creative Corner Challenge and sharing your super card!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for popping in and leaving a comment, have a great day.