Craft Camp 2011

Another great weekend away at Merroo, Kurrajong this week.  I arrived just after 1pm to help to set up some tables and chairs and to unpack the loads of boxes I decided I just must have at camp.  If anyone has ever been to a craft camp you will know that its a ridiculous amount of stuff that ends up at your table.
Clothes however was another story... my clothing bag was tiny!

I have since come home and decluttered my craft room and I am absolutely horrified in how much craft CRAP..sorry supplies I own.  I am going to sell a heap, including trimmers, acrylic blocks, storage bags etc.. and try and NOT buy anything at all.... honestly... I mean it!

Here is what I made at camp, not much considering I was there for over 48hrs and I only slept for 10hrs of that time!

This card below was another challenge, this time a sketch.  The sketch became the joke of camp with us all being quite particular about following it to a tee.. Even to the point of me having to mount my images on rectangles as thats what the sketch was.   I have since been informed that a square is a rectangle....but a rectangle is not a square.  See Camp can be educational you know!  This card used my wonderful santa images which I think may be High Hopes.. They have a tiny bit of soufle ink on them and white glitter.  Its quite hard colouring a white bearded image, I knew this before and had forgotten.
All the cards below are using Kraftin Kimmies Fairies, I got them from Stampin Stuff Qld (online store) I didnt realise just how promiscuous these girls were until i started colouring them in.  The paper was for a challenge, We had to use it in a card, I wasnt overly adventurous here, some of the other entries were quite brilliant.




The card above was for a card challenge, we were given the butterflys and the only criteria we were given was to use the butterfly on a card.  The butterfly was an odd yellow originally some of us hated the colour and others ran with it, i coloured mine pink but the yellow and pink combined to turn orange.. This then became my colour palette, you can see i picked up the orange in the papers.  I used nestabilities for the cut out and scallope and the swirls were cut on the gazelle.  The pillow box was to use a remnant of the papers and the last butterfly.  You can't see it but there is acetate on the cut out.   I won first place in the competition for this one and won a pigment ink set!  woohoo.  The wording is from a Stamp It set that I hadnt used since I bought it.


 The card idea above was completed stolen from the Wonderful Michelle OReiley, she has a box of cards she made last camp and i went through them to find this, I then proceeded to make 6 of them for xmas cards this year, using Sheree's punch, she is  a stampin Up Demonstrator and it took all my might not to buy that punch from her... I did punch out a few extra's incase I wanted to make more.

This card above was my last card prior to leaving camp, i did it in a bit of a rush and the pearls have moved in transit.. I quite like the colours though, very vibrant compared to a normal pastel type baby card.  The doily was cut on my Gazelle and I pinched use of Sheree's congratulations stamp, again Stampin Up.  The image is from Lori's Designs

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for popping in and leaving a comment, have a great day.